What are the benefits of Open BIM for building projects in the AEC industry?
Building projects themselves are products with their own market. With diminishing differences in building materials and technology, next to buildings’ genuine design added labels such as “sustainability” can greatly increase the potential project value on the market. The Open BIM movement offers projects an additional label with very positive associations. Future owners, operators and tenants of such buildings will have better chances to further utilize the digital building model if it was created using the Open BIM approach in the first place. This promise is worth more and more real $$$ with the continuously elongate building cycles.
Where can I find more information about Open BIM?
OPEN BIM is supported by various organizations that host related information in their own domains. To find some relevant information you may also choose to visit any of the following pages:
- http://openbim.com (buildingSMART)
- http://tekla.com/openbim (Tekla)
- http://graphisoft.com/openbim (GRAPHISOFT)
- http://www.nemetschek.eu/openbim (Nemetschek Allplan)
- http://www.vectorworks.net/openbim (Nemetschek Vectorworks)
- http://www.scia-online.com/en/openbim.html (Nemetschek Scia)
- http://www.dds-cad.net/ax18x0.xhtml (Data Design System)