What are the benefits of Open BIM for software vendors?
AEC software vendors’ primary benefit to join the Open BIM movement is that they can offer their clients with open collaboration workflows that provide competitive advantage on local AEC markets. The Open BIM branding guarantees that the solutions developed by participating vendors comply with the Open BIM requirements and do not impose unnecessary limitations to AEC practices choosing their software to collaborate with any other practices.
Where can I find more information about Open BIM?
OPEN BIM is supported by various organizations that host related information in their own domains. To find some relevant information you may also choose to visit any of the following pages:
- http://openbim.com (buildingSMART)
- http://tekla.com/openbim (Tekla)
- http://graphisoft.com/openbim (GRAPHISOFT)
- http://www.nemetschek.eu/openbim (Nemetschek Allplan)
- http://www.vectorworks.net/openbim (Nemetschek Vectorworks)
- http://www.scia-online.com/en/openbim.html (Nemetschek Scia)
- http://www.dds-cad.net/ax18x0.xhtml (Data Design System)