What is the goal of the Open BIM movement?
The only goal of the Open BIM movement is to promote open collaboration workflows for better-coordinated projects. This goal is primarily achieved through a globally common publicly achievable Open BIM branding supported with clear definitions, specific requirements and best practices to help implementation.
Where can I find more information about Open BIM?
OPEN BIM is supported by various organizations that host related information in their own domains. To find some relevant information you may also choose to visit any of the following pages:
- http://openbim.com (buildingSMART)
- http://tekla.com/openbim (Tekla)
- http://graphisoft.com/openbim (GRAPHISOFT)
- http://www.nemetschek.eu/openbim (Nemetschek Allplan)
- http://www.vectorworks.net/openbim (Nemetschek Vectorworks)
- http://www.scia-online.com/en/openbim.html (Nemetschek Scia)
- http://www.dds-cad.net/ax18x0.xhtml (Data Design System)