What is the official definition of Open BIM?
Open BIM is a universal approach to the collaborative design, realization and operation of buildings based on open standards and workflows. Open BIM is an initiative of buildingSMART and several leading software vendors using the open buildingSMART Data Model.
Where can I find more information about Open BIM?
OPEN BIM is supported by various organizations that host related information in their own domains. To find some relevant information you may also choose to visit any of the following pages:
- http://openbim.com (buildingSMART)
- http://tekla.com/openbim (Tekla)
- http://graphisoft.com/openbim (GRAPHISOFT)
- http://www.nemetschek.eu/openbim (Nemetschek Allplan)
- http://www.vectorworks.net/openbim (Nemetschek Vectorworks)
- http://www.scia-online.com/en/openbim.html (Nemetschek Scia)
- http://www.dds-cad.net/ax18x0.xhtml (Data Design System)